Today is Earth Day, a day for us to reflect on how we’re all protecting and preserving our planet. The theme this year is “Invest In Our Planet”, and is a call for us all to act boldly, innovate broadly and implement equitably for a more prosperous future.
At Emma Lewisham, we’re proud to be pioneering the future of beauty with scientifically proven natural skincare that is as sustainable as it is efficacious.
Since launching our refills in February 2021 there has been:
- 13,000 refills purchased
- 10,295kg of carbon emissions saved
- 30 litres of arctic sea ice loss prevented*
Some of our planet positive commitments include:
- Certified Climate Positive - All our products are certified Climate Positive, meaning they sequester more carbon than they emit. To achieve this we’ve measured each product's carbon footprint, minimised its inherent emissions as much as possible and then offset any remaining carbon by 125% to ensure we have a positive environmental impact.
- Circular design - With single use packaging being the beauty industry's largest contributor to carbon emissions, we are further reducing our carbon footprint by ensuring all our products are designed to be circular. This world-first in beauty means that all our products can be refilled and reused over and over through our global takeback programme - the Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle.
- B Corp Certified - Our B Corp certification validates that we meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance and transparency across every aspect of our business.
Our journey towards a more sustainable future will always be one of continual improvement and innovation. Our promise is that along the way we continue to always balance purpose and profit, and use our business as a force for good.
To find out more about how to refill your products through the Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle.
*Ice loss prevented by the equivalent carbon saved.