A modern elixir for the skin. Ultra-potent and nourishing, but lightweight and fast absorbing. It illuminates your skin from within.
Engineered with 20 of the world’s most cutting-edge nutrient dense ingredients for complete skin nourishment and youthful, radiant and healthy-looking skin.
At the heart of this youth restoring booster is patented self-regenerative stem cell technology, which promotes epidermis regeneration and thickness and Phyto-Retinol to support natural retinoid activity and target fine lines and wrinkles, antioxidants, amino acids, fatty acids, and omegas to restore the look of youthful plumpness and a radiant complexion.
Luxurious, natural and science-led ingredients backed by the highest caliber of green science and innovation in the industry, this results-oriented oil will help restore a firm, lifted and radiant complexion for results you can truly see and feel.
This Face Oil is 100% natural and contains 20 high-performing age-defying natural actives, including stem cell technology, and three concentrated sources of vitamin A. Vitamin A is a hailed skincare hero, that deeply absorbs into the skin’s epidermis to help combat the signs of ageing, regenerate collagen inventory, whilst leaving a luminous, plump glow.
Bakuchiol has been scientifically shown by the British Journal of Dermatology to be as effective in stimulating collagen production as retinol and is better tolerated. One study found after 12 weeks of treatment, significant improvement in lines and wrinkle severity, pigmentation, elasticity, firmness and overall reduction in photo-damage was observed. It showed a similar anti-ageing effect to retinol, without the side effects that retinol is known to produce.*
*Dhaliwal S, Rybak I, Ellis SR, et al. Prospective, randomized, double-blind assessment of topical bakuchiol and retinol for facial photoageing. Br J Dermatol. 2019;180:289–296. PubMed.
20 active natural ingredients
We believe in innovative, natural, complex formulas. We fill our products with the highest number of science-backed, consciously grown and cutting-edge ingredients from around the globe, to produce high-performing natural products.
Every ingredient works cohesively in our formulation, but below are our noteworthy ‘skin heroes’:
- Bakuchiol. Bakuchiol is described as a phyto-retinol, meaning it is plant based and has been shown in scientific studies to offer similar properties as retinol. However, it comes without the common side effects of retinol such as redness, dryness, irritation and sensitivity.
- Swertia chirata stem cell technology: Keratinocytes are the skin cells that produce keratin as well as form a protective barrier against environmental toxins. Swertia chirata stem cell technology is inspired by the latest technology in skin tissue research - it supports skin tone and texture by helping the skin’s ability to manage the loss of keratinocytes while boosting production of additional keratinocytes, resulting in a thicker, stronger epidermis. As we age, the production of keratinocytes slows (10% per decade), resulting in thinner skin that’s less resistant to free radicals and more likely to show fine lines and wrinkles. In clinical studies, this naturally derived self-regenerative stem cell technology has been shown to stimulate growth factor production, epidermis regeneration and thickness, and blur the appearance of vertical wrinkles in as little as seven days.
- Kalahari Melon: Has powerful hydrating, regenerating, and restructuring properties. Kalahari melon has a high content of essential fatty acids (50% to 70% linoleic acid) which are not synthesised naturally by the body. These fatty acids contribute to the integrity of cell walls and the suppleness and beauty of the skin.
Full list of ingredients
Emma Lewisham aligns with the definition of natural by NATRUE who are an International Natural and Organic Cosmetics Association who certify natural and organic cosmetics worldwide is classified in 3 ways:
- Natural ingredients are those to which only physical processes or fermentation have been applied.
- Derived natural ingredients are the result of chemical processes of natural ingredients.
- Nature-identical ingredients can be either pigments, minerals or preservatives. They are reproduced in the laboratory but exist in nature. These ingredients are allowed when strictly necessary in order to ensure consumer safety (preservatives) or because the extraction methods result in an ingredient becoming too chemical. All of them have one essential characteristic: they can be found in nature.
Below is our full list of ingredients with their EWG ratings in brackets (1 = low, 10 = high).
You can also learn more about each ingredient and our sustainability goals in our Emma Lewisham Sustainability Framework.
Our Supernatural Triple Vitamin A+ Face Oil formulation is vegan.
Camellia japonica (Camellia) seed oil (1) • Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) esters (1) • Citrullus lanatus (Kalahari Melon) seed oil (1) • Opuntia ficus-indica (Prickly Pear) seed oil (1) • Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) seed oil (1) • Tridecane (1) • Undecane (1) • Bakuchiol (1) • Swertia Chirata (Plant Stem Cells) extract (1) • Limnanthes alba (Meadowfoam) seed oil (1) • Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) oil (1) • Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) seed oil esters (1) • Organic Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit oil (1) • Organic Salvia hispanica (Chia) seed oil (1) • Organic Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu) seed oil (1) • Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) seed oil (1) • Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) fruit oil (1) • Organic Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) oil (1) • Organic Argania spinosa (Argan) kernel oil (1) • Organic Borago officinalis (Borage) seed oil (1) • Prunus avium (Sweet Cherry) seed oil (1) • Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) seed oil (1) • Corylus americana (Hazelnut) seed oil (1) • Tocopherol (1) • Phytosterols (1) • Phytosteryl macadamiate (1) • Squalene (1) • Lecithin (1) • Water (1) • Isopropyl palmitate (1) • Parfum (natural fragrance, derived from flowers) • Citral (3) • Citronellol (3) • Geraniol (3) • Limonene (4) • Linalool (3)
- 100% of total ingredients are naturally derived
- 30% of active ingredients are from organic farming
- Our formulations contain citral, citronellol, geraniol, limonene, linalool in very low concentrations as constituents of our essential oils. It’s worth noting that the EWG rating for these, refer only to the individual constituents extracted in a lab from the essential oil, or synthetic replications. The ratings are not applicable to our formulas, as we never use extracted or synthetic constituents, only the pure naturally occurring essential oil
Our Supernatural Triple Vitamin A+ Face Oil is included in our Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle Refill Programme that is available for New Zealand and Australia (unfortunately we are unable to offer this globally at present). If you have previously purchased a Supernatural Triple Vitamin A+ Face Oil and have finished your bottle, you have the option to purchase a refilled bottle that has been cleaned, sterilised, refilled and kept in circulation.
This product is also included in our Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle Free Recycling Programme.
We believe the future of beauty is a circular model, where brands take ownership for what happens to their packaging at the end of its life.
Our Supernatural Face Oil box is printed on an environmentally responsible paper which has been produced using PEFC certified pulp from responsible sources. We print on it using mineral, oil free, vegetable based inks and water based coatings. Oil based glue is required to assemble these boxes. Stamping foil used on the box does not affect recyclability. It is 100% recyclable in New Zealand with no chemical coatings, which means our boxes will degrade naturally.
Our Supernatural Face Oil bottle is a frosted glass bottle with a plastic cap and pump made from imported virgin materials.
We've worked hard to provide you with clean skincare via a supply chain that is efficient, transparent, and accountable. To this end, we have developed a Sustainability Framework which provides transparency on what Emma Lewisham is doing to address the six drivers of our supply chain: raw materials, supplier, manufacturing, distribution, retail outlets and customers. These are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Read the Emma Lewisham Sustainability Framework.
Massage 2-3 drops as needed into face, neck, and décolletage. We recommend you start using it three nights a week, and gradually work your way up to every night.
If you have sensitive skin or allergies: While our formulation is 100% clean and naturally derived, we recommend if you have sensitive skin or allergies that you do a patch test first or consult your medical practitioner before using any new skincare product. If your skin is not responding well to one of our products, including irritation, please discontinue use and contact a medical practitioner.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding: This serum is safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding, however, we recommend you check with your doctor before using.
Using Supernatural Triple Vitamin A+ Face Oil with our other products
All of our products were developed to be used together. Please take at look at Emma Lewisham Routines for our recommendations.
The Emma Lewisham StandardTM
100% natural and traceable
Scientifically proven ingredients
Part of the Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle – Refill & Recycle
Vegan. Cruelty Free. PETA certified animal testing free
Safe to use while pregnant & breastfeeding