Supernatural Blemish Serum testing results
Advances in research of the skin’s microbiome have highlighted the opportunity to work with our microbial communities to deliver more optimal solutions for blemish reduction. However, these advances have resulted in severely limited options for consumers seeking live probiotic solutions from skincare. Our live probiotic serum, the Supernatural Blemish Serum, delivers a highly efficacious dose of truly live probiotics, harnessing a patented strain that naturally lives on the skin. This strain holds 20 years of research demonstrating its unique ability to colonise on the skin, inhibit key pathogens, and reduce blemishes while simultaneously improving the health of the skin.
The result is a highly unique formulation that improves the skin’s microbiome, a key skin health fundamental, to not only reduce blemishes but to increase the overall condition and appearance of the skin. Below highlights our Supernatural Blemish Serum’s key evidence from over 20 years of scientific testing.
Live probiotic stability proven in shelf-life and delivery
The Supernatural Blemish Serum has been extensively tested to confirm that its patented probiotic, M. luteus, remains live throughout its shelf life as well as during application. The technical challenges of maintaining probiotic viability during shelf life cannot be understated and are undoubtedly a significant contributor to the vastly restricted probiotic-related skincare products that are truly live.
“Our live probiotic serum, the Supernatural Blemish Serum, delivers a highly efficacious dose of truly live probiotics, harnessing a patented strain that naturally lives on the skin.”
Proven to inhibit key skin pathogens responsible for acne
Independent in vitro (in the laboratory) testing proved that live probiotic, M. luteus, effectively inhibits C. acnes and other key skin pathogens, resulting in the reduction of blemishes and improvement in overall skin health and condition. The unique and beneficial ability of live probiotic, M. luteus to inhibit key skin pathogens is not universal, highlighting the importance of selecting probiotic skincare that contains specific strains that have been tested and proven to deliver results.
Proven probiotic colonisation on the face, reduced blemishes and improved overall skin condition
Further supporting the benefit of delivering a skin-specific and truly live probiotic, independent in vivo testing demonstrated the ability our Supernatural Blemish Serum to achieve live probiotic colonisation on the face, reduce blemish associated skin pathogens, and improve the skin’s overall health. The below results demonstrate the Supernatural Blemish Serum’s unique ability to treat acne and blemishes without compromising the skin’s condition.
Impact on blemishes
• 79% of participants who reported moderate to severe acne at the beginning of the trial period recorded low/no presence at day 28.*
Impact on overall skin health
• 90% of individuals showed a measurable increase in skin hydration**
• 82% of participants who reported dry areas on day 0 recorded low/no presence at day 28*
• 81% of participants noted a reduction in flaky and rough skin*
• 71% of participants noted a reduction in age spots*
• 65% of participants noted a reduction in sun spots*
• 62% of participants who reported skin redness on day 0 recorded low/no presence at day 28*
• 58% of participants who reported oiliness on day 0 recorded low/no presence at day 28 *
* In vivo impact on key skin markers over 28 days of twice-daily application. Performed by Colmar Brunton
** In vivo impact on key skin markers over 25 days of twice-daily application.