Supernatural Triple Vitamin A+ Face Oil
A luxurious and deeply nourishing face oil formulated with 20 of the world’s most nutrient-dense and high performing ingredients. This youth restoring booster harnesses cutting-edge stem cell technology and is high in vitamins A, antioxidants, amino acids, fatty acids, lipids, and omegas for complete skin nourishment and youthful, healthy-looking skin.
This luxurious Face Oil contains three concentrated sources of vitamin A (vitamin A is prized for its proven youth-enhancing results), including an advancement in natural science, Bakuchiol. Bakuchiol has been scientifically proven by the British Journal of Dermatology to be as powerful as synthetic forms of retinol, but remarkably doesn't come with the compromise and known side-effects of retinol (such as redness, dryness and irritation).
Harnessing cutting-edge stem cell research, Swertia chirata extract, helps thicken the epidermis, and promotes collagen creation for a plump, lifted and bouncy skin texture.
100% natural, highly efficacious and beautifully absorbed, this results-oriented formula also helps decrease the appearance of fine lines, evens the skins tone, and supports blemish-prone skin en route to clarity.
This Face Oil is 100% natural and contains 20 high-performing age-defying natural actives, including stem cell technology, and three concentrated sources of next generation vitamin A. Vitamin A is a hailed skincare hero, that deeply absorbs into the skin’s epidermis to help combat the signs of ageing, regenerate collagen inventory, whilst leaving a luminous, plump glow.
The latest in green-tech innovation, Bakuchiol's vitamin A is proven to be as efficacious as synthetic forms of retinol, in building cell walls and plumping the skin’s tone and texture, without the negative synthetic retinol symptoms, such as irritation, dryness and redness. Another stand out is Seaberry oil, a powerful antioxidant, rich in moisturising omegas 3, 6, 7 & 9 that help revitalise, protect, and soften the skin.
It’s not enough for our products to be 100% natural, they have to have uncompromising results.
Key vitamin A natural ingredient Bakuchiol has been scientifically shown by the British Journal of Dermatology to be as effective in stimulating collagen production as retinol and is better tolerated. One study found after 12 weeks of treatment, significant improvement in lines and wrinkle severity, pigmentation, elasticity, firmness and overall reduction in photo-damage was observed. It showed a similar anti-ageing effect to retinol, without the side effects that retinol is known to produce.*
*Dhaliwal S, Rybak I, Ellis SR, et al. Prospective, randomized, double-blind assessment of topical bakuchiol and retinol for facial photoageing. Br J Dermatol. 2019;180:289–296. PubMed.
20 active natural ingredients
We believe in innovative, natural, complex formulas. We fill our products with the highest number of science-backed, consciously grown and cutting-edge ingredients from around the globe, to produce high-performing natural products.
Every ingredient works cohesively in our formulation, but below are our noteworthy ‘skin heroes’:
- Bakuchiol: This Face Oil contains a high concentration of three sources of Vitamin A (including Bakuchiol). Clinically proven to increase the skin’s hydration, it does this by increasing the natural production of hyaluronic acid in the skin’s layers, which our body stops producing in our late twenties. This creates a plumping effect and visibly diminishes the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Even better, Bakuchiol maintains its potency and superior performance, even under the most adverse of conditions.
- Swertia chirata stem cell technology: Keratinocytes are the skin cells that produce keratin as well as form a protective barrier against environmental toxins. Swertia chirata stem cell technology is inspired by the latest technology in skin tissue research - it supports skin tone and texture by helping the skin’s ability to manage the loss of keratinocytes while boosting production of additional keratinocytes, resulting in a thicker, stronger epidermis. As we age, the production of keratinocytes slows (10% per decade), resulting in thinner skin that’s less resistant to free radicals and more likely to show fine lines and wrinkles. In clinical studies, this naturally derived self-regenerative stem cell technology has been shown to stimulate growth factor production, epidermis regeneration and thickness, and blur the appearance of vertical wrinkles in as little as seven days.
- Kalahari Melon: Has powerful hydrating, regenerating, and restructuring properties. Kalahari melon has a high content of essential fatty acids (50% to 70% linoleic acid) which are not synthesised naturally by the body. These fatty acids contribute to the integrity of cell walls and the suppleness and beauty of the skin.
Full list of ingredients
Below is our full list of ingredients with their EWG ratings in brackets (1 = low, 10 = high).
You can also learn more about each ingredient and our sustainability goals in our Emma Lewisham Sustainability Framework.
Our Supernatural Triple Vitamin A+ Face Oil formulation is vegan.
Camellia japonica (Camellia) seed oil (1) • Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) esters (1) • Citrullus lanatus (Kalahari Melon) seed oil (1) • Opuntia ficus-indica (Prickly Pear) seed oil (1) • Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) seed oil (1) • Tridecane (1) • Undecane (1) • Bakuchiol (1) • Swertia Chirata (Plant Stem Cells) extract (1) • Limnanthes alba (Meadowfoam) seed oil (1) • Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) oil (1) • Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) seed oil esters (1) • Organic Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit oil (1) • Organic Salvia hispanica (Chia) seed oil (1) • Organic Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu) seed oil (1) • Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) seed oil (1) • Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) fruit oil (1) • Organic Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) oil (1) • Organic Argania spinosa (Argan) kernel oil (1) • Organic Borago officinalis (Borage) seed oil (1) • Prunus avium (Sweet Cherry) seed oil (1) • Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) seed oil (1) • Corylus americana (Hazelnut) seed oil (1) • Tocopherol (1) • Phytosterols (1) • Phytosteryl macadamiate (1) • Squalene (1) • Lecithin (1) • Water (1) • Isopropyl palmitate (1) • Parfum (natural fragrance, derived from flowers) • Citral (3) • Citronellol (3) • Geraniol (3) • Limonene (4) • Linalool (3)
- 100% of total ingredients are naturally derived
- 30% of active ingredients are from organic farming
- Our formulations contain citral, citronellol, geraniol, limonene, linalool in very low concentrations as constituents of our essential oils. It’s worth noting that the EWG rating for these, refer only to the individual constituents extracted in a lab from the essential oil, or synthetic replications. The ratings are not applicable to our formulas, as we never use extracted or synthetic constituents, only the pure naturally occurring essential oil
Our Supernatural Triple Vitamin A+ Face Oil is included in our Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle Refill Programme that is available for New Zealand and Australia (unfortunately we are unable to offer this globally at present). If you have previously purchased a Supernatural Triple Vitamin A+ Face Oil and have finished your bottle, you have the option to purchase a refilled bottle that has been cleaned, sterilised, refilled and kept in circulation.
This product is also included in our Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle Free Recycling Programme.
We believe the future of beauty is a circular model, where brands take ownership for what happens to their packaging at the end of its life.
Our Supernatural Face Oil box is printed on an environmentally responsible paper which has been produced using PEFC certified pulp from responsible sources. We print on it using mineral, oil free, vegetable based inks and water based coatings. Oil based glue is required to assemble these boxes. Stamping foil used on the box does not affect recyclability. It is 100% recyclable in New Zealand with no chemical coatings, which means our boxes will degrade naturally, whether they are composted or simply put in the landfill.
Our Supernatural Face Oil bottle is a frosted glass bottle with a plastic cap and pump made from imported virgin materials.
We've worked hard to provide you with clean skincare via a supply chain that is efficient, transparent, and accountable. To this end, we have developed a Sustainability Framework which provides transparency on what Emma Lewisham is doing to address the six drivers of our supply chain: raw materials, supplier, manufacturing, distribution, retail outlets and customers. These are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Read the Emma Lewisham Sustainability Framework.
Massage 2-3 drops as needed into face, neck, and décolletage. We recommend you start using it three nights a week, and gradually work your way up to every night.
If you have sensitive skin or allergies: While our formulation is 100% clean and naturally derived, we recommend if you have sensitive skin or allergies that you do a patch test first or consult your medical practitioner before using any new skincare product. If your skin is not responding well to one of our products, including irritation, please discontinue use and contact a medical practitioner.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding: This serum is safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding, however, we recommend you check with your doctor before using.
Using Supernatural Triple Vitamin A+ Face Oil with our other products
All of our products were developed to be used together. The general rule for skincare is to layer from the thinnest to the thickest product. For example, you could cleanse, then apply this Supernatural Triple Vitamin A+ Face Oil, then the Skin Reset serum, then lastly either the Supernatural Anti-Ageing 72-Hour Hydration Creme or Skin Shield UVA/UVB Face/Body SPF 30 or Skin Shield Daily Face SPF 30 depending on the time of day it is.
The Emma Lewisham
Naturally derived & traceable
Scientifically proven ingredients
Part of the Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle – Refill & Recycle
Vegan. PETA certified animal testing free
Safe to use while pregnant & breastfeeding