We set out to prove that it is wholeheartedly possible to create products that are natural but still as efficacious and luxurious as anything in the world, and don’t come at a compromise to the planet. We believe this is the next generation of beauty.
We work with New Zealand ingredient importers as well as directly with international farms. When selecting our ingredients for our formulas, we don’t just select them for their wealth of skin benefits, but based on the below criteria we review for every ingredient that is in our product. These are:
- Cruelty free – we do not test on animals and also want to ensure that none of the ingredients we source have been tested on animals, so we are honest in our statement of having no animal testing whatsoever
- Environmental management – preservation and promotion of biodiversity
- Organically certified (no chemical use)
- Responsible water use
- Working conditions – certifications that give us certainty our supply chain is ethical
- Waste management
- Non GMO
- Water usage and practices
We have 100% full traceability across our supply chain – what we call Farm to Face – meaning we can trace the supply chain right back to the source.
Although this is a simple statement, to achieve traceability and an in-depth understanding of 150 ingredients has been an enormous task. We are committed to doing the work, spending countless hours reviewing documentation and certifications, as this information is what informs us on whether the producer of the ingredient aligns with our values of respecting people and the planet.
You can read about all of the certifications each of our ingredients hold and their provenance in our Sustainability Framework.
Our goal is to receive the UEBT (Union for Ethical Biotrade) certification for sourcing with respect. The UEBT standard specifically monitors a company’s supply chains back to their origin, for all of the natural ingredients that it sources. UEBT standards include conservation, the sustainable use of biodiversity and the fair compensation of all partners in the supply chain.