From the beginning we set out to redefine beauty, to lead beauty into a new age: one that prioritises product efficacy without compromising people or the planet for it.
When customers buy Emma Lewisham we want them to know that they're getting products that deliver proven, visible results for their skin, but not at the compromise to their health or the planet's.
Emma Lewisham has cemented a new standard in clean beauty. Clean, for us, is rigorous. It means providing a product that is made without any ingredients linked to harmful health effects, from hormone disruption, to cancer, to skin irritation. Emma Lewisham is uncompromisingly 100% clean, naturally derived, and free from anything harmful or suspicious to human health.
We only use ingredients that are verified as safe by the Environmental Working Group (EWG). In fact, we ban over 2,700 ingredients that are used in mainstream beauty products due to safety and sustainability reasons. We are 100% clean, without any endocrine-disrupting synthetics or carcinogenic chemicals.
Every Emma Lewisham ingredient is not only chosen for its results but whether the supplier is kind to people and the planet - this process is incredibly time consuming, and one that is ongoing for us as a company, but we are absolutely committed to asking the hard questions of our suppliers and walking away from even the most efficacious ingredients if they don't align with our values.
Our natural fragrance is 100 percent ECOCERT certified and sourced from Grasse, France. The botanicals are extracted using CO2 supercritical extraction, one of the cleanest and purest ways of obtaining extracts and actives.
All Emma Lewisham products are vegan except for the sun care range, which contain mindfully sourced beeswax (cera alba).
- Paraben & Phenoxyethanol Free: Parabens are preservatives used in cosmetics. At Emma Lewisham we do not use any parabens or synthetic preservatives in our skin care products, cracking the natural preservative with our scientists in 2018.
- Artificial Preservative Free: Emma Lewisham pioneers the use of biodynamic and organic plant-based ingredients in the personal care industry. Instead of synthetic preservatives, we use grain alcohol, pure plant extracts and essential oils to maintain the life of our products.
- Sodium-Laurel-Sulfate (SLS) Free: These substances provide the foaming and degreasing effect of products such as shampoo, facial cleanser and shower gel. The disadvantage is that they can easily dissolve natural skin oils. Therefore, the barrier function of the skin can be disrupted, causing irritation and drying. You will not find Sodium-Laurel-Sulfate (SLS) in any of our skin care products, instead we use natural plant-based surfactants
- Artificial Fragrance Free: Artificial fragrances are used by some manufacturers because they are cheaper than natural perfumes. One of the key characteristics of Emma Lewisham skin care products is that we only use high-quality, natural raw materials for our fragrances. The connection to nature and the use of authentic plant fragrances is essential to our products, and is clearly recognisable in all Emma Lewisham fragrances because they are not overlaid by components that do not stem from living nature.
- Phthalate Free: In skin care products phthalates are often used as a stabiliser for synthetic perfumes. Unfortunately, companies are not obligated to mention them in the list of ingredients as perfume is considered a 'proprietary' ingredient. We only use natural essential oils in our products.